A professional accounting resume will get you noticed as a serious job candidate. Use this resume format to presents your skills and strengths in a convincing and concise manner.
Stress your qualifications and accomplishments and get the employer’s attention. Make sure your resume takes your job application to the next level.
You can easily customize this job-winning sample accountant resume and its professional accounting skills summary and profile for your own use.
ACCOUNTING RESUME SAMPLE
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Seeking a responsible accounting position with a reputable company.
Objective Statement/Skills Profile
Results-orientated accounting professional with broad experience in a deadline-driven environment. Proven track record in consistently and effectively delivering accounting services that enhance the company’s purpose and profitability.
Offers the following expertise:
- strong technical accounting skills
- excellent research and financial analysis abilities
- in-depth management reporting
- developing and implementing financial systems and controls
- budgeting and forecasting
- facilitation of internal and external auditing procedures
- regulatory compliance
- staff management and development
- in-depth knowledge of accounting regulations and standards
An experienced team player committed to improving overall business processes and building a cohesive business environment.
Wakefields Incorporated, San Diego, CA
September 2015 – Date
- prepare monthly financial statements for company with annual turnover of $X
- ensure accurate and timely monthly close activities
- prepare monthly account reconciliations
- review and verify accuracy of reported data
- present all monthly and year-end financial reports
- analyze and interpret financial reports and records
- report on variances
- present corrective action recommendations
- ensure compliance with all statutory and company requirements
- assist with development of annual operating budget of up to $X
- review accounts payable and accounts receivable
- prepare tax schedules
- prepare for and coordinate internal and external audit processes
- develop and implement internal controls and procedures
- produce analyses regarding capital asset acquisitions
- manage fixed asset process and policy
- supervise and develop accounting team of 5 members
Stevens Resources, San Diego, CA
September 2010 – August 2015
- carried out month-end close responsibilities
- prepared financial statements and reports
- presented variance analysis and explanations
- prepared balance sheet reconciliations
- compiled tax information for tax department
- assisted with special projects as assigned
University of San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Accountancy, 2010
- MS Office
- Great Plains
- excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- knowledge of regulatory standards
- planning and organizing
- communication skills
- problem analysis and resolution
- attention to detail
- team player
Available on request
Resume example for a junior accountant
For a more junior accounting job you can use this sample accounting resume.
Accounting duties and responsibilities
Gain a good understanding of the accountant role, duties and skills to create a relevant resume.
Your accounting cover letter
Always include a powerful cover letter with your resume. Use the sample accountant cover letter to help you.
What is a good objective for an accounting
Your accountant resume objective statement should quickly convince the employer to seriously consider your resume for the job opportunity.
The single sentence, what-I-want kind of resume objective is unlikely to achieve this. It should be expanded to include a persuasive and professional summary or statement of the relevant accounting skills you can bring to the job.
You can use the sample accounting resume objective statement above which provides a concise summary of key accounting skills to develop you own effective resume objective statement.
Carefully consider how your skills match the job requirements when writing your objective statement. Find out more about writing a persuasive objective summary at:
Job-winning accounting resume pages
Accounting job interviews
Preparing for a job interview? Go to these accountant interview questions to get ready.