Your English teacher resume will focus on the key duties including:
- preparing appropriate lesson plans
- using differentiated learning strategies and techniques
- creating a student-centered classroom environment
- conducting assessments and preparing students for testing
- establishing cooperative relations with all stakeholders
The relevant skills and strengths that make you an excellent candidate for the teaching job should be highlighted in your resume objective statement.
ENGLISH TEACHER RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Write a concise objective that clarifies the position and grade level you are looking at.
Example: English Teacher (Grades 9 -12)
5 years experience as a dedicated and energetic English teacher to a large and diverse student population. Proven record of successfully instructing and motivating students to develop the knowledge and proficiencies necessary to produce significant achievement improvements as evidenced by test scores.
Areas of expertise include:
- creating a classroom climate where students are academically engaged and challenged while feeling supported and secure
- effectively developing, enhancing and modifying lesson plans, learning materials and resources to meet individual student needs and ensure optimal student progress
- developing innovative teaching strategies including collaborative learning and active use of current technology
- conducting wide-ranging assessments and interpreting results to best facilitate student success
- establishing cooperative relations with parents and other staff
- fostering student participation through the establishment of
a student journal, a student literature club and public speaking contests
An enthusiastic and hard working teacher committed to ongoing professional development and improvement including keeping current in subject matter knowledge, learning theory and instructional techniques.
English Teacher (Grades 9 – 12)
Lynn Public Schools, Lynn, MA
September 2014 to date
- employ a differentiated approach to teaching English Composition, Literature and Language Arts to Grades 9 to 12 in a varied ability-level student environment
- develop purposeful English lesson plans that cover the curriculum and provide for effective teaching strategies
- use a variety of instructional techniques and materials consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students
- provide a classroom environment that promotes independent critical thinking by students while addressing their learning and emotional needs
- conduct formal and informal student assessments, review student progress and develop intervention strategies as necessary
- implement standardized testing strategies and preparation
- maintain complete and accurate records
- ensure positive and consistent communications with parents
- make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day
- work with appropriate specialists, staff members and parents to assist students with special problems
- support and reinforce school policies, philosophies and goals with students and parents
- encourage students to set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior
- participate in extra curricular activities to promote a positive school culture
Bellingham High School, Boston, MA
September 2013 – June 2014
- implemented all aspects of the academic curriculum in English for Grade 9-10
Framingham State University, Framingham, MA
Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure Program – English (8-12) 2013
Bachelor of Arts in English
Massachusetts Teaching License – English (Grades 8-12)
Available on request
Should I include an English teacher cover letter with my resume?
Yes! A convincing and professional cover letter will get your English teacher resume noticed. You can easily adapt this English teacher cover letter example for your own use.
How do I write a winning English teacher resume objective?
A compelling teacher resume objective statement is sure to get your resume read with serious attention. You can make use of the sample English teacher resume objective statement above.
These excellent sample teaching resume objectives will also help you develop your own winning resume objective statement.
What skills should I list on my English teacher resume?
For a complete list of teacher duties and responsibilities go to this teacher job description.
Teacher job interviews
You can find all the help you need to succeed in your teaching job interview at the Teacher Interview Guide
All teacher resumes
You can find a wide selection of different teacher resumes at Teacher Resume Templates
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.