This sample entry level teacher resume can be adapted to help you get the teaching job you want. Competition for teacher jobs is often fierce and your resume should highlight your best points as an educational professional and demonstrate why you are a good fit for the job opportunity.
This easy-to-use format enables you to list your areas of proficiency and clearly establish how you can contribute to the specific school.
As a recent graduate it is advisable to begin your resume with Education rather than part time or student work experience. List a range of skills to highlight your versatility.
Include any special skills such as technological skills, extra languages and extracurricular background. Make your resume relevant to the specific teaching opportunity and school.
Adapt the excellent entry level teacher resume objective example for your own use.
ENTRY LEVEL TEACHER RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Seeking a position as an active and involved teacher at the elementary level.
A self-motivated teacher who is determined to help pupils fully utilize the educational opportunities available to them.
- able to plan and develop appropriate teaching programs to optimize the learning process while effectively addressing individual and group needs
- proficient in the use and integration of relevant technology to support classroom instruction and learning activities
- skilled at evaluating progress through a range of assessment tools
- excellent communication skills facilitate constructive engagement with parents and colleagues
School of Education, College of New Jersey, Ewing NJ
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, 2018
Second Major: Psychology
12 hours of Special Education credit
Activities: Student Advisory Committee, Peer Tutor, Intramural Softball, Student Orientation Leader
State Certification in Elementary Education (1-8)
Practicum Teacher – Grade 6
Robertson School, Newark, NJ
- taught English, geography, math, science, spelling and reading to diverse students
- incorporated a poetry program into the curriculum
- prepared creative writing assignments
- planned and led language lessons
- organized field visits for students
- individually tutored students in math and reading
- assisted with evaluation and reporting on each pupil’s progress
- assisted with maintaining educational records on each child in accordance with regulations
- participated in parent-teacher conferences
Student Teacher – Summer Program, 7th and 8th Graders
Greenways Park School, Newark, NJ
- planned and ran educational and craft activities for children
- individually tutored children in math and language arts
- introduced writer’s workshops
- organized and supervised field trips
- implemented behavior management system
Practicum Teacher – Grade 7
Sherwin Elementary School, Ewing, NJ
- taught, math, science, English and geography lessons
- developed 2 new science units
- designed vocabulary and spelling activities
Children’s Assistant Librarian
Bracken Library, Ewing NJ
2015-2016 (Part-time while studying)
- assist children and parents with selection of appropriate reading material
- assist with administrative tasks
- update library database
- MS Office
- organizational and planning skills
- problem analysis and resolution
- communication skills
- high energy level
- stress tolerance
Available on request
A professional-looking resume is key to landing the teaching job interview. Ensure your resume is clear and informative and targeted to the specific teacher job opportunity.
Entry Level Teacher Resume Keywords
Resume keywords are how your resume gets found. Here is a list of useful resume keywords for teachers.
advise, instruct, teach, assess, evaluate, guide, tutor, mentor, deliver, encourage, motivate, stimulate, adapt, plan, develop, teach, discipline, integrate, lesson plan, curriculum, work scheme, learning objectives, learning materials, technology, feedback, reports, classroom management, diversity, special needs, parent-teacher conference, thematic units, portfolio, extracurricular.
Find out more about using resume keywords to get noticed.
Teaching Resume Pages
Teacher Job Interviews
Develop an effective teacher portfolio
Clearly articulate your teaching skills and strengths in a well written professional entry level teacher resume.
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.