Adapt this entry level customer service resume for your own use. Lack of work experience is often the obstacle to developing a persuasive entry-level resume.
This can be overcome by focusing on your core competencies and strengths that enable you to perform successfully in a customer service job.
Employer’s are looking for customer service candidates who present a professional and enthusiastic image. Your profile section should clearly communicate the positive attributes you can contribute to the job.
This compensates for an understandable lack of work experience and sends the message that you are an energetic, committed and hard working job candidate.
ENTRY LEVEL CUSTOMER SERVICE RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
Seeking an entry level customer service position where my strong written and verbal communication skills are well utilized.
A self-motivated and hard-working individual who is able to cope well under pressure. Relevant areas of strength include:
- Proven ability to use initiative and problem-solving skills to successfully deal with challenges and effectively handle difficult situations.
- Detail-orientated, resourceful and highly organized.
- An energetic and fast learner who is committed to excellent customer service.
Fulton-Montgomery Community College, Johnstown, NY
AAS Business Administration, 2018
Related Coursework: marketing, finance, human resources, business law, foundation accounting, economics, statistics, computer technology
Activities: Member Business Students Association, Communications Club, Peer Tutoring Club, trail running
Ferndale Sports Warehouse, Johnstown, NY
July 2015 – February 2018 (Saturday job)
- greeted and assisted customers
- processed sales and payments
- wrapped and packaged merchandise
- organized product displays and monitored stock levels
- assisted with promotions
- demonstrated products
- updated customer database
Melissa’s Restaurant, Johnstown, NY
March 2015 – June 2018 (part-time work concurrent with studies)
- answered calls from customers
- booked reservations
- greeted customers
- showed customers to their tables
- presented menus to customers
- monitored and managed waiting list
- handled customer queries and complaints
- assisted with serving and clearing where necessary
- MS Office
- Email, Social Media and Internet
- typing skills
- data management skills
- communication skills
- problem analysis and problem-solving
- planning and organizational skills
- stress tolerance
- conflict management
- customer service orientation
Available on request
Always include a good cover letter with your entry-level resume.
A well written and informative entry level customer service resume objective immediately gets your resume noticed. Entry Level Resume Objectives
What are the top skills to include in a customer service resume?
Employers have identified these top 3 customer service skills as central to successful job performance.
- strong communication skills including good listening skills, the ability to ask the right questions to get clarity and being able to express oneself clearly and confidently
- customer service orientation including the ability to develop strong customer relationships and work hard to achieve customer satisfaction
- problem analysis and resolution skills including the ability to correctly identify the issue and the cause-effect relationship.
Entry level jobs attract a number of unsuitable job candidates. Employers often use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to sift through the large number of resumes they receive online. This is how to get your resume past the ATS
Resources for a persuasive customer service resume
Customer Service Job Resources
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.